Ten years since it first offered fractional ownership outside the U.S., NetJets Europe (NJE) has reported the passing of two milestones in recent months. In March it signed its 1,000th customer and in June took delivery of its 100th aircraft.
NJE, a wholly owned subsidiary of NetJets, is investing $445 million in its fleet, with 30 new aircraft due to be delivered before year-end. Highights from operations during the first six months of this year included the following:
• 30,000 flights–a 60-percent increase on the same period last year.
• Flew to more than 500 European airports.
• NetJets safety audit team has approved a total of 1,061 airports on the continent.
• NJE owners flown to 689 airports in 108 countries worldwide.
• Paris Le Bourget was the most popular airport for NJE owners, followed by London City Airport, where NJE accounts for more than 50 percent of all traffic.
• Made more than 1,000 flights in and out of Germany during the World Cup soccer tournament