Aerostructures specialist GKN Aerospace presented its 2010 supplier awards to five companies yesterday at the Farnborough airshow: All Metal Services, Onamac Industries, High-Tech Engineering, Magellan Aerospace and Doncaster Bramah.
• All Metal Services’ award was in the regional supplier-Europe category, for supplying aluminum cut plate and extrusions.
• Onamac Industries won the regional supplier-North America award for its aluminum and steel parts.
• High-Tech Engineering recieved the SC21 Supplier of the Year award for its machined components, as part of GKN’s involvement in ADS UK’s 21st Century Supply Chain Initiative (SC21).
• Magellan Aerospace was given the environmental achievement award for its part in investigating solvent-free paints and investing in a new anodic treatment, notably for an Indian facility.
• Doncaster Bramah was the winner of the innovation and lean supplier award, for its precision components and assemblies.
GKN suppliers won’t have time to rest on their laurels, though, as the company has announced the launch of a new initiative to deploy lean principles with supply chain partners starting this fourth quarter.