A Moroccan Boeing 767 caught fire November 5 shortly after its arrival at Montreal Pierre Trudeau International Airport last week. Ground crews had just begun unloading passenger bags when a conveyor belt pushed against the aircraft’s cargo door overheated, igniting the blaze. Two of the 250 passengers aboard were treated for smoke inhalation while five others were transported to hospital with varying injuries. A phone camera video recorded some of the efforts to evacuate passengers.
Boeing 767's Cargo Loader Catches Fire in Montreal
- November 11, 2013, 1:52 PM