Raisbeck and Hartzell Unveil New King Air Props

AINalerts » January 3, 2013
Raisbeck Engineering and Hartzell Propeller have unveiled a new “swept” blade propeller for the King Air.
January 3, 2013, 2:55 PM

Seattle-based performance modification specialist Raisbeck Engineering and Hartzell Propeller have unveiled a new swept-blade propeller for the Hawker Beechcraft King Air series. The newly certified propeller is the result of three years of development, according to the companies, which describe it as the first business aviation turbine propeller using practical swept-wing theory as an integral part of its design. The propellers have aluminum blades and hubs.

“The overall performance improvements relative to both the OEM three-blade and four-blade Hartzell propellers are large and result in greatly improved FAA-certified takeoff, climb and landing capabilities,” said Raisbeck Engineering CEO James Raisbeck. The 96-inch diameter of the new propeller is three inches greater than that of the OEM prop installed on the B200 and B250, yet perceived sound levels are reduced slightly as a result of the blade sweep.

The developers expect deliveries of the new prop, which will list for $83,400 per shipset, to begin in March.

Comments

greg jenson
on April 8, 2013 - 12:04pm

what is the cost for the swept blade per side.i see 83,400.00 is that for both sides and installation.ect thanks greg

Curt Epstein
on April 8, 2013 - 12:32pm

Hello Greg,

The $83,400 is just for the hardware for both engines, and does not include installation. Raisbeck suggests you contact several dealers to get quotes on the best price for installation. For more information see their website: www.raisbeck.com.

Curt Epstein

michael
on July 29, 2013 - 1:32pm

Can this propeller be used on a Lancair Evolution which uses a Pratt & Whitney PT6A-135A? They now use a Hartzell 4 Blade with electric de-ice.
I have read the NASA Turboprop project to which your new prop was designed from and I think this is great. I think this design prop would work well on the Lancair Evolution if you make one that fits it. If you do not presently have one to fit, what would it take to make one to fit this air craft? michael

michael G
on November 9, 2013 - 8:53pm

Can this propeller be used on a Lancair Evolution which uses a Pratt & Whitney PT6A-135A?  They now use a Hartsell 4 Blade with electric de-ice.    I have read the NSA Turb Prop project to which your new prop was designed from and I think this is great.    I also think it would be better if it could be made from a composit material (lighter).      I think this design prop would work well on the Lancair Evolution.   Do you make a prop that would fit this aircraft at this time?  If not what would it take to do so?  michael G

michael G
on November 22, 2013 - 11:54am

Please answer my Question.  Is anybody their?  michael G

Curt Epstein
on November 22, 2013 - 1:50pm

Michael,

I think you are confusing my reporting of news regarding Hartzell Propellers with the actual manufacturer itself, particularly with your query “Do you make a prop that would fit this aircraft at this time?I don’t know if the good folks from Hartzell monitor our webboards, but I think that you would be better off talking to someone from that company as they would be much better suited to answer your questions. They can be reached at (800) 942-7767, or through their website www.hartzellprop.com.

Good luck,

Curt

michael G
on November 23, 2013 - 12:43am

You first answer questions.  Then you play like you are someone else.  A Deception.  I am only interested in the Swept prop design for the Lancair Evolution.  Nothing else.  I do not have time for your coy Games.  Your Swept Blades Design  came from the NSA Propjet Project.  That is a Truth.  I think you have trouble with that.  There will be no further inquiry from me.

R. Randall Padfield
on November 24, 2013 - 4:13pm

Hello Michael G. I can assure you that Curt Epstein is not trying to decieve you in any way. In fact, he is trying to help you by providing contact information for Raisbeck and Hartzell. Curt Epstein is a full-time editor and employee of Aviation International News, of which I am the chief operating officer. Curt has absolutely no affiliaton with Raisbeck or Hartzell. All he did was write this article. If you want more information about the Hartzell prop, you need to contact the company directly. Thank you for your comments and for being a reader of AINonline. With regards, Randy Padfield