Jet fuel derived from coal successfully powered a Rolls-Royce T63 turboshaft engine recently at Pennsylvania State University. According to a Penn State scientist, tests have shown that the fuel mix can go to at least 75 percent coal and the end product meets or exceeds all specifications for JP8 and jet-A and has a higher flash point.
Airports, Heliports and FBOs
New developments at airports and heliports, including regulations and noise issues; legal disputes; openings, acquisitions and mergers of FBOs; AIN’s Annual FBO Survey Reports; and news, issues and concerns regarding fuel cards, fuel prices and alternative fuels.
- Côte d'Azur Appoints Air BP as Sole Fuel Supplier at Cannes Manelieu Airport
- Aviation Schedulers and Dispatchers also Reap Benefits of FlyBuys Rewards Program
- Epic and U.S. Bank Multi Service Aviation Launch New Co-branded Aviation Services Card
- Avcard Now Accepted as Payment for Bizav Training at CAE Centers in Dallas and New York
- Shell Gets the Lead Out of Avgas