Zenith Jet Revises 10-Year Bizjet Forecast

 - June 13, 2013, 1:10 PM

Montreal-based business aircraft services firm Zenith Jet has revised its 10-year business jet forecast in the aftermath of the recent EBACE show. The updated prognostication now foresees delivery of 9,234 business jets worth $255 billion from 2013 to 2022, down about 1.8 percent from the 9,400 aircraft in its previous forecast released in February but $2 billion more in billings.

Of particular note, Zenith Jet has downgraded deliveries and billings in the large-cabin segment–which is currently the healthiest of all aircraft categories–but upgraded those for light and midsize jets. The latest forecast calls for deliveries of 3,322 light jets worth $25.4 billion (up 13.3 and 41.9 percent, respectively); 3,121 midsize jets worth $76.2 billion (up 13.4 and 46.3 percent, respectively); 2,489 large-cabin jets worth $134.7 billion (down 37.1 and 22.5 percent, respectively); and 302 bizliners worth $19.4 billion (no change in the number of units but up 9 percent in billings).

According to Zenith Jet, Cessna will lead in unit delivery market share at 26.4 percent, while Bombardier will prevail in revenue leadership with 30.2 percent over the forecast period. The company predicts that the North American market will account for 44 percent of business jet deliveries over the next 10 years, with the remaining 56 percent supplying the international market.